Monday, August 31, 2015

W30 day 25

Today was a great day. We took a trip to St Adolphe d'howard (greatest town name ever) to go to their municipal beach  on a beautiful lake. Picnic time!

Meal 1


But first, breakfast. I whipped up some zucchini fritters using leftover zoodles, eggs, some almond meal and a pinch of baking powder. For spices I used homemade pesto, salt and pepper, chilli flakes and Italian spice mix. Cooked them in olive oil. Such a great change from straight up eggs. Crispy prosciutto and banana almond butter as sides.

Meal 2


Talk about dedication. We roasted a chicken *after* dinner to have food to eat on the picnic. Beet slaw, spinach, chicken and olives. With this I had some grapes, cherry tomatoes and Perrier. Ooh la la.


The view before the sun came out.

Meal 3


I'm on a cooking roll now on day 25. I look forward to cooking, and luckily for me my partner gives me time to cook and prep by looking after our toddler. I made kofta with cauliflower rice and salad and tahini sauce. I nailed both the sauce and the rice so let me just document this for further use.

Tahini sauce:

In food processor put:

3 big plops tahini
2 cloves garlic
Juice of 1 lime
2 long glugs evoo (3T?)
Big splash coconut milk from can (4T?)
Salt
Pepper
1T cumin 

Blitz all ingredients except olive oil. Slowly  drizzle olive oil while whizzing.

Cauliflower rice

I cooked raw frozen grated cauliflower by placing it in a frying pan with oil I used to cook kofta in. Added salt and pepper, cumin, a splash of apple cider vinegar, and lots of paprika, splash of coconut aminos near the end. Cooked on medium high to burn off the ice water. I think the acv is the key to removing the farty cauliflower-ness that is usually a bit of a turn off.

So there you have it. I have 5 days left. I feel great. No pain, amazing energy and I feel like my body is functioning properly for the first time in my adult life. I don't care about the food I've cut out, except wine. That will be my first re-intro on Sunday. Woohoo! Looking forward to seeing how much weight I lost. I know I lost lots in the face when I see myself in photos. Hopefully after re-intro I'll do a few more rounds of whole30 until I fit into my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment