Tuesday, August 25, 2015

W30 day 19

Tomorrow I get to start counting down! Woohoo! And tiger blood is here for sure. I was busy all day and never felt tired. I was also up for 2 hours in the middle of the night with a screaming baby with no ill effects of fatigue, other than grogginess from the deep sleep I fall into now!

Meal 1


I tried to make breakfast within the first hour of waking and I almost got there! A half hour late. It's hard to stay on schedule with a toddler around. This is chorizo with red peppers sautéed in coconut oil with eggs and avocado on top. Very very good.

Meal 2



I went to jt market and bought a bushel of tomatoes (about 10 lbs) to roast up for sauces. When a few batches were done I made shakshuka by adding in a bit of sausage to the tomatoes then fried some eggs, finishing them under the broiler. I added some arugula and homemade cashew pesto. Such a nice change.

Meal 3


Made a random slow cooker pork stew. I used whatever I had in the fridge: carrots, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, cabbage, celery...I used homemade chicken stock and coconut milk for the base. The coconut milk flavour completely disappeared, to my surprise.

Prep is getting easier since I instinctively know what to reach for and how to compose my meals. Always looking to add a fat! That's been the biggest change--the need to add fat to every meal. Sometimes it's an avocado, other times coconut flakes, olives, etc.


There you have it, a day of wonderful and delicious meals. I love how I don't feel the need to stuff myself and I can go a long time without eating. I ate at 930, 2, 730. I could have never done 5 hours without food before, since I was constantly hungry, even as I was finishing eating! 


No comments:

Post a Comment