Saturday, August 15, 2015

W30 day 9

Meal 1

 
I was tired, hungry and annoyed by the time I was able to make and eat this. I had been up for almost 4 hours before j got a chance to eat. Scrambled eggs in the pan, guac, cantaloupe about 4 days too ripe and some prosciutto. I felt better after eating.

Meal 2


I ate lunch because I had to, wasn't particularly hungry. Marinated veg in a ginger and coconut amino dressing with sesame oil, salad and chicken.

Meal 3


Meal 3

Same thing as meal 2 but in salad form. Pretty huge, you can see the shadow my guacamole casts.

This day was just irritating. Not food related, but when you're tired on this way of eating there's no sugary treat to wake you up or change your bad mood. I kept wanting distraction, entertainment, anything. Saturday is just another day when you're a parent. Tired. 

Day 10 is apparently the day when most people quit if they decide to stop Whole30. There's no way I'm quitting but I'm starting to realize how much sugar acts as a reward system in the body. When your energy is steady but your mood is low, I guess it has nothing to do with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment