Monday, August 10, 2015

W30 day 4

I made it! There was blood, sweat and tears but by god I've done it. Seriously though, it was easy but the part about the Kill all the things came true for a brief moment there, even my kid ate quietly without a fuss as he could sense a storm brewing. Then when I got over it by crying (seriously! What the hell is this way of eating doing to me!) my sweet baby handed my his favourite stuffed doggy and sat on my lap while giving me lots of hugs. Kids just know, don't they! He also made me laugh by doing his funny face and sniffing like a dog, probably imitating me.

Anyway enough with the emotional turmoil. Today I ate great food:


Blueberries, cinnamon and coconut milk in scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil. Try it. Love it. Pepperoni and avocado. Amazeballs.

 
I was busy with work today so this lunch took 5 minutes to make. Since starting whole30 I always have the best leftovers from all the prep I do! Baked chicken with hot sauce on a bed of spinach and arugula with evoo and balsamic, roasted broccoli, raw beet and carrot slaw with an evoo/acv/mustard/s&p dressing. I was so looking forward to this it took no time to finish. Yum!


Rocked this dinner! Pork "fajitas" on lettuce with red peppers and guacamole with a side of plantains fried in coconut oil. First time doing plantains and I found the hit the bread pleasure centre of my brain for sure.

Health reactions so far:

-since starting I have not needed Advil in the morning to get through my day without pain

-no food cravings

-no crazy hunger 

-steady energy

-calmer in relating with my child

-less bloated

Bring on the rest of the week! I've planned or what we'll be having so I have a lot to look forward to making and enjoying.


No comments:

Post a Comment