Sunday, August 9, 2015

W30 day 3

Day 3 y'all! My breakfast ruled. Have a look:


3 eggs fried in coconut oil, chicken sausage from the night before, pepperoni slices, sweet pots and avocado and tomatoes. Epic! Love the addition of the bbq sauce I made the day before, it acted as a sort of spicy ketchup. Yum!

Since we're eating and prepping a lot more veg these days I sourced some inexpensive produce at the monthly neighbourhood solidarity market held in a local park. When I got home from my walk with the babe, I felt sweaty and nauseated. I guess that detox hangover kicked in! I had some hot strong peppermint tea and about 20 minutes later felt famished. This was lunch:


Baby kale with Napa slaw and artichokes in oil, topped with tuna in olive oil with the juice of half a lemon, hot sauce and salt and pepper. So good!


 La pièce de résistance! Matt made a shrimp curry in coconut sauce with a homemade spice blend. I made cauliflower rice to go with it. This stuff will change your life: it's the closest things to carb type food I've had yet! Very satisfying. I threw a whole washed head of cauliflower into the food processor. I used the grater attachment though the blades work well too. Fried in palm oil with a bit of curry powder and salt and pepper. This dish did not seem like anything drastically different than how we used to eat. 

So far I have not had any cravings that can't be dealt with easily by distracting myself or drinking water or tea. Great news considering I'm PMS-ing. Tomorrow and day 5 are supposed to be the Kill all the things day due to detox. Husband has been warned! I'm sure everything will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment