Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Warming Up


Autumn is upon us, isn't it. I know this because I am back to sleeping with a toque and socks on, and taking showers just to warm up. It's so cold in my apartment and they haven't turned on the heat yet! What to do...well I do have a fully functional gas oven circa 1960 that is very energy inefficient. I decided to roast the butternut squash that's been sitting on my kitchen table and do some reading in the comfort of a warm and fragrant kitchen. I turned this baby into delicious soup! Shhh... don't tell anyone but I'll let you in on a secret to this soup's success...an apple. Just peel, cut and fry the apple with the garlic and onions. Oh and I fried these darlings up with coconut oil. Spices: coriander powder and a dash of garam masala and some chilli flakes. Frikkin' awesome and warming and autumnal.

Would you like to see what I had for breakfast? I thought so.
Get yourself some nice toast there, and while you're at it slice an apple real thin-like.

Slap some of this deliciousness on the toast. Helps the apples adhere to the bread.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment